With the spacious load space in mind, I decided to build a custom Disklok storage box which will securely hold the Disklok when not in use. Admittedly this is my first piece of woodworking I have attempted solo since I left school, but I think it turned out quite well. Professional carpenters may wish to look away.
I did have a load of pictures from the build process, but my phone decided to delete them, so here are the only ones I have been able to recover.
I started off by cutting some lengths of a 4x1" timber into 5 sections and joined with 135° angles to form a squinty oval. The squint should make the top slope to improve access. These were then screwed and glued together before I cut and screwed on some 6mm MDF board to each side. This created the disclok storage. I then covered the inside and outside with some carpet tiles which were a near match for the trim in my Defender.
Total cost, around £15. I've just been out to test the disklok storage and the lock was exactly where I left it - in arm's length ready to refit! Proper Job!