These delicious flapjacks are sweetened with natural honey instead of processed sugars, making them a healthier snack. The added fruits and nuts add a bonus amount of protein as well.flapjacks, snack, sweetEnglishSnack
Warning: Division by zero in /usr/home/timtrott/public_html/lonewolfonline/wp-content/themes/lonewolfonline/template-parts/content/content-recipe.php on line 75
NAN out of 100 with 0 ratings
This recipe makes enough for about one baking tray, approx 12 large slices and takes no time at all to prepare. Delicious for a breakfast on the go, or an energy and protein boost before workout.
Cubing the butter before adding to the pan will help it melt faster.
You can alter the amount of oats to adjust how sticky you like the flapjacks. I prefer mine on the drier side, so you can either reduce the amount of oats or add more honey. You could also pour some melted dark chocolate over the top.
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Serves: 12
Each portion contains:
Reference intake of an average adult (2000kcal)
- 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 40 ml Honey
- 400 g Porridge Oats
- 1.25 cup Dried Fruits & Nuts
- Melt the butter in a large pan.https://lonewolfonline.net/honey-flapjacks-recipe/#1
- Add the honey and stir.https://lonewolfonline.net/honey-flapjacks-recipe/#2
- Add the dried fruits and/or nuts.https://lonewolfonline.net/honey-flapjacks-recipe/#3
- Slowly add the oats, ensuring that they all get an even coating of butter and honey.https://lonewolfonline.net/honey-flapjacks-recipe/#4
- Transfer the mixture to a lined baking tray.https://lonewolfonline.net/honey-flapjacks-recipe/#5
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.https://lonewolfonline.net/honey-flapjacks-recipe/#6
- When cool, turn out and chop into slices or squares.https://lonewolfonline.net/honey-flapjacks-recipe/#7