The Abbey Gatehouse is a historic building on the south side of College Green in Bristol. Its earliest parts date back to around 1170. It was the gatehouse for St Augustine's Abbey, which was the precursor of Bristol Cathedral. The gatehouse stands to the cathedral's west, and to its own west, it is abutted by the Bristol Central Library building. The library's architectural design incorporated many of the gatehouse's features.
All Saints Church on Corn Street
All Saints is a closed Anglican church in Corn Street, Bristol. For many years it was used as a Diocesan Education Centre but this closed in 2015. The building has been designated as a grade II listed building.
Bristol Bridge is a bridge over the floating harbour in Bristol, England, the original course of the River Avon. It is a grade II listed building.
Bristol Royal Hotel
Broad Street through St Johns Gateway
St John on the Wall in Bristol is a historic church in the care of heritage charity The Churches Conservation Trust. The upper church and its medieval vaulted crypt is located at the lower end of Broad Street and is built into the old city's medieval walls.
The street was originally called Queene Street in medieval times before becoming known as Knyfesmyth Street, after the tradesmen there. The Middle English pronunciation of Knyfesmyth, with the K sounded, may be the origin of the street's modern name. An alternative theory is based on the nativity scene found in a stained glass window of The Chapel of the Three Kings of Cologne, which stands at the top of the steps.
Corn Street, together with Broad Street, Wine Street and High Street, is one of the four cross streets which met at the Bristol High Cross, the heart of Bristol, England when it was a walled mediaeval town. From this crossroads Corn Street and its later extension Clare Street runs downhill approximately 325m south-westwards to The Centre.
Foster's Almshouse is a historic building on Colston Street, Bristol, England. The almshouse was founded by bequest from 15th century merchant John Foster in 1492.
The west wing of the current building was built in 1861, the north wing in 1872, and the south and east wings in 1880-83 by Foster and Wood. The Chapel of the Three Kings of Cologne, which was built for the use of those living in the Almshouse, was restored at the same time.
You can view more photos from Bristol in my Flickr album.