As part of the reconstruction, the entire tutor house at Dyrham Park has been encased in a giant tent, complete with a rooftop walkway. This walkway allows guests to climb to the top of Dyrham Park house and view the conservation project in progress as well as seeing the park and garden views from a different perspective.
The house is set in 274 acres (1.1 km2) of gardens and parkland. The west front of 1692 was commissioned from the Huguenot architect, Samuel Hauduroy, and the east front of 1704 from William Talman, architect of Chatsworth, by William Blathwayt, who was Secretary at War to William III. William Blathwayt was responsible for transforming Dyrham Park into one of the wonders of the age.
The house and gardens are open to the public on certain days, and the grounds are open all year long. See the National Trust website on Dyrham Park for details.